- Mission conforms with local laws and regulations.
- The mission was planned in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Plan section.
- The mission passed the DeltaQuad Mission Validator
- Altitudes verified across terrain height.
- The mission path is free of obstructions for at least 100 meters in each horizontal direction.
- VTOL Takeoff and VTOL Land items correctly applied.
- Takeoff and land site is clear of obstacles and structures higher than transition altitude.
- The approach path for landing is set so that the vehicle points into the wind, or the wind conditions do not exceed 12kph.
- The vehicle does not exceed the scheduled maintenance or preventive maintenance cycles.
- The airframe conforms with all local rules and regulations and is permitted to fly the intended mission.
- The propellers are mounted in the correct position, orientation and direction as specified in the Assembly section.
Visual inspection for damage, dirt, correctly mounted and securely fastened:
Before closing canopy
- When the vehicle sits outside, the canopy must not be closed until the vehicle is ready for takeoff as the components inside could overheat when sitting idle. Exposure to direct sunlight when idle for more than 5 minutes should be avoided.
- Flight battery - Securely attached, moved as far forward as possible, connector fully joined.
- Telemetry - Attached and working.
- Flight controller - Securely attached and cables fully inserted.
- SD-card installed.
- Aileron linkage - Properly secured without slop or play.
- Payload sits within the payload bay and does not exceed 1.2kg.
- Components inside the fuselage are securely fastened and cannot move during flight.
After closing canopy
- Canopy secured (click heard when pushing down)
- Canopy sits flush with the fuselage (not obstructions under the canopy)
- VTOL modules and wing joiners properly secured with lock pins down.
- Weather conditions and mission within tolerances.
- The vehicle is pointing into the wind.
- No warnings on GCS.
- DeltaQuad Safety & Performance System identifies as online in the messages list.
- The wing servos are powered (try to move the ailerons (elevons) and feel resistance from the servo).
- Vehicles current physical orientation matches the heading observed on GCS.
- Battery capacity sufficient for vehicle and GCS.
- Safety features are set correctly.
- GPS lock is stable with at least 10 registered satellites.
- Mission uploaded and downloaded to verify.